Friday, November 18, 2022

From Grass to Grace

 

“Those who sow in tears shall reap rejoicing” (Ps 126 v 6). Our God is a good God. He created us and loved us even more than we can imagine. What we experience today as hardship, is a way God is preparing us for the future. In the book of Genesis 37, I marveled at the wisdom of God.  Joseph got sold to Egypt (the land of slavery) by his own brothers. At first, I was tempted to condemn his brothers and if I had been there as they were planning, I would have reported them to the FBI for their immediate arrest. However, God has his own superior agenda. God always lie straight on a crooked line. He allowed Joseph to be sold to the land of slavery so that he could prepare the place for his family in the period of famine.   Can I ask myself these questions: Am I fulfilling the purpose for which God created me or am I wasting my time complaining about every little rocks in my path for which God knows about? Who are the Joseph’s brothers in my life? How am I Joseph to others?

One may say that it was not easy for Joseph, he could have died in the process. Yes, you are right, but it was in the divine plan that things should be the way they were.  Joseph saved his family from dying of starvation and by extension, the whole world, when the famine was ranging all over the world. From no body, Joseph became the prime minister of Egypt. He moved from grass to grace. Such is the Divine will in our lives. Am I open to accept the will of God for me?

Remember God carefully created you. He loves you like an only child. You are precious to him like a special treasure. He cares for you like a tree planted along the river bank... whose leaves never fade.


No comments:

Post a Comment